Saturday, April 23, 2016

Time Well Spent: Farewell



This post is bittersweet. While I will enjoy not having to post or turn it assignments anymore, I will miss sharing and receiving experiences, information, and compassion for the field of Early Childhood weekly.

Here are my three things that I have taken away from this course: I have learned how to identify Local, State, National, and Federal regulations and positions for Early Childhood Programs. Before this course I was knowledgeable about Non-profit and For-profit programs, always striving to land a position with a non-profit organization. But now I have looked into some State and Federal opportunities hopefully I will be able to secure one with the Department of Child and Family Services. Another thing I learned is that State and Federal programs have different regulations for a DCFS licensed program compared to a National Program like Head Start. The second thing I learned is that partnership can be essential to an Early Childhood Program.  Actively involving the parents, students and teachers to play a game. Having a community of practice with individuals that can make a difference in the lives of children increased my awareness of my center and our efforts of community involvement.  Lastly I learned that reflecting on your professionalism is key to the future. With that being said my one of my long term goals is to always operate with integrity. Right now I can't box myself into my future. I will teach, manage, own, travel and retire. As I get older my interests constantly change and although I love working with children God's grace combined with a great education has allowed me to work where I desire.

Farewell Spring Class of 2016! Our journey continues as we move on with our Masters in Early Childhood Studies. May the knowledge that you have gained in the program bless others and stay with you for the rest of your lives. I wish you all the best and hope that you all achieve all that your heart desires.

Feel free to add my email address to your contact list jmsible@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment