Sunday, July 12, 2015

Communication Skills and Style

Image result for breaking bad
I choose the show Breaking Bad. I have heard raves about the show but never watched it.  

Sound Off:

I believe the main character is an old man with glasses. He has a wife because he has on a wedding ring woke up in the bed and kissed a women who later made breakfast for him. They have a son who also received breakfast. It appears that the husband and wife are discussing a touchy subject of I'm going to assume cleaning up because their hand gestures increased and they no longer maintain eye contact. The wife turns her back over the sink while washing and continues to talk while making disappointing facial expressions. She occasionally looks over her shoulders in annoyance as she washes dishes, then finally storms out of the room. 

Sound On:

The assumptions that I made of the role of the characters were pretty accurate.There was a husband, wife and son. However, the assumption I made about what their argument was about was totally wrong. The couple was arguing about his frequent absenteeism in the home. The wife wanted to know where he was spending his time and he did not give her a straight answer which climaxed to her walking briskly out of the room.  

In the end I believe my assumptions would have been more correct if I watched the show. I learned a great about non verbal behavior and how powerful it can be. I even thought about deaf individuals and how they use non verbal behavior to understand our language. This assignment was very insightful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment