Monday, July 6, 2015

Competent Communicator


Image result for barack obama


President Barack Obama is a competent communicator. His communication is always appropriate and effective. Rather he is hosting an event at the White House, press conference, or interviewing on late night television, he is always able to meet the demands of the crowd. I love the way he answers questions intelligently and directly with a hint of humor. His comic relief makes him relatable and appealing. President Obama does a fantastic job of deflecting ignorant comments. He's graced with stating facts in a professional way which includes his nonverbal expressions. He smiles when it's appropriate and uses hand gestures to reinforce his ideas. In spite of the numerous political speech ghost writers I believe President Obama has the intellect, charisma, and personality that captured the hearts of our nation. At the end of the day I would model some of my own communication behaviors after our president. Being firm, direct, and charismatic at the same time can lighten tough news. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you made a wonderful choice of the effective communicator. I respect the way this person answers questions as well. He always respond respectfully and hint of humor. Smiling and nonverbal communication is important on our President. He is always on camera.

    In my post I choose people a little closer to home. I choose my boss as someone who I would take communication strategies from.

    Although we know he has people to help him with what to say and what not to say!

    Nice post!

    Ashley Baldwin

    ReplyDelete